Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vote for Mason! Deadline is Saturday!!!

Go to http://leecountyhumane.org/special/calendar.html and he is #48! Votes are $1 each and they go to support the Lee County Humane Society and are tax deductible! Come on, I know you have a heart! Go donate!!

Hello, out there! I hope y'all are having a wonderful fall and football season! I decided after our loss to Mississippi State that I was going to emotionally separate myself from football this year.  I've succeeded to some extent, but I should have known that wouldn't be entirely possible! I was proud of Auburn for doing way better against LSU than I expected us to...no, we didn't win...and I guess maybe that's all that will count in the long run, but I was definitely encouraged to see our defense show up and play an awesome game, and I think that was the most fun I've had at a football game in a long time.  Scott came to town for the game, and so did Chris' friend, Jordan, who lives in Pennsylvania.  We got student section seats so that we could all sit together, and of course you can't beat the student section when it comes to an amazing atmosphere.  I yelled so loud at that game that I still don't have my voice back! Seriously, what a great time! I was pretty bummed out at the end when we lost, but that was just the last 5 minutes or so.  The rest of the game was probably the best game atmosphere I have been to in a few years.  Way to go, AU student body! War Eagle!

Here are some pictures from our weekend. 

Tailgating...L-R is Jordan, Sara, Scott, Chris, and me

With Warren and Liz


More tailgating...this time with Andy, Marc, and Joseph...I should apparently have worn heels to this game.

AU Stadium...first time I've seen it this year...ahh I love it!
At the game





The last time I posted, we had just come back from Atlanta for the Clemson game.  Our September has been pretty consumed with football.  The weekend following the Clemson game, my parents came to town with my sister and her boyfriend, Jason, to go to the Mississippi State game in Starkville.  Now that was NOT an easy loss to endure! However, it was great having my family up and getting to do some entertaining.  We tailgated with some friends before the game and then grilled out and watched more football afterwards.

That Friday night....I was so looking forward to using all my my AU serving pieces (for actual Auburn Fans! yay!)...this is Sauteed Broccoli with Mushrooms, Onions, and Toasted Almonds

Bruschetta (Friday Night)

BBQ Pot Roast with Ranch Cheddar Grits... YUMMMMM!!!! (Friday Night)

Saturday game

Thought it was going to storm, but it didn't

Tailgating before the game (what a lovely picture of our entire bodies haha)

Dinner Saturday...we made sliders with hawaiin rolls

Baked Bean Casserole

Toppings for the sliders

Burger Bar! Here are the "options"...guacamole was my favorite! This was really fun, and I would definitely recommend it for entertaining. It was easy and delicious.




As you know, Chris and I are pretty much always on the go, especially in the fall.  The weekend after the MSU game, we took a trip down to Pensacola to visit Scott.  Scott is going to be moving to Texas in a few weeks, and we are really going to miss him!! We have gotten to see him a lot since he moved to Pensacola, but I'm sure we'll still see him occasionally after he moves...and, hopefully, with the Air Force, our paths will eventually cross again! Anyway, it was great to get in a beach weekend before the weather cooled down.  The water felt great...I always love the beach in September and October!! We picked up some more fresh seafood from that great seafood market, too, which I think we will cook this weekend while we are actually in Columbus.

I think Chris is listening to some commentary on the game...

Scott don't go!!!!!

Jon and Craig

Autumn and Dubs

Sweet wittle MASON!!

With Mason

Since I have two super cute pics of Mason up, I want to remind everyone to go vote for him in the calendar contest!!! Again!!

Lately, I have moved part-time to our condo in Tuscaloosa. Even though we haven't closed on it yet, we were able to work out an arrangement with the owners to rent it from them until it closes.   It has been so much less stressful not to have to drive 3 hours a day! I can actually get work done and not feel like everything is spinning out of control.  The last couple of weeks I have been going home on Tuesday nights for my obligations as the spouse club social chair.  One night we had a board meeting, then the next Tuesday we had a social (that turned out really well, by the way!) This is the first week that I am staying Monday - Thursday.  I'm kind of sad, but it's not like I'm too far to go home if I really wanted to! We really need to save on gas right now with all our traveling, so I am probably going to be trying to cut back on the commuting as much as possible for the time being.  It's a little lonely here without even a TV to give me some background noise! But I have been productive, which I guess is the point, and in a couple of weeks we are going to go to Auburn to pick up all the furniture that our wonderful families are donating to the cause!

Here is our new fridge (yes I know, this is very exciting and blog-worthy)




Chris has not been flying as often in the T-1 as he did in the T-6, but these flights are 3 hours long.  However, right now they are trying to push the class through that is about to graduate that is behind.  Once they get them through, Chris' class will be able to fly more. He has flown twice to Huntsville. He flies half of the time, and his flying partner, Cody (shout out to Cody!) flies the other half.  They fly out to an area and practice some different maneuvers and then fly to the base and do several landings.  Some of the landings they do with only one engine to simulate an engine failure.    He's had several tests, and made 100s on almost all of them!  Overall, since he's just getting started, there isn't a whole lot to share, but I'm sure it will get more interesting as time goes on!

Remember to vote for Mason, everyone! He's counting on you!!

Til next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment