Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Are we finally...almost...done with the house??

I don't have much to share this week...just another week with us both at work, coming home exhausted, going to sleep early...etc. Wow, has life changed since college! My job is finally starting to get more interesting since I have gotten trained to do more work.  I stayed busy almost every day this week.  Also, I started carpooling, which requires me to get up even earlier (right now, 5:30) to be able to get in a short workout and meet in Columbus by 7:20.  But, it saves gas, and makes the commute pass by much quicker. Chris has started to like his job working with the fighter pilot trainees, and usually comes home with an interesting story or two.  He does everything from arranging the flight schedules to working at the bar (yes...each squadron has it's own bar that they drink at after being done flying for the day.  I thought it sounded crazy too!)

Friday night Jon and Autumn came over for dinner, then we adventured out into downtown Columbus where I partook in my favorite pastime, Karaoke. I sang Gunpowder and Lead by Miranda Lambert and Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood.  The place we were at was filled with other pilot students, and it was actually a lot of fun. Here is a picture Chris took of me with his phone (which I can for some reason not rotate to be upright...so turn your head...), taking my singing career very seriously.




Saturday morning, Autumn and I went to the local Farmer's Market and got some super fresh produce.  I got some green tomatoes, and took a shot at frying one that afternoon.  Chris and I REALLY enjoyed them, and I think I am going to  fry the other one this morning.  I am definitely going to return to the farmers market, they had all kinds of good stuff.

Last night we checked out a new restaurant, called Huck's Place and sat right next to an Auburn flag, which made us fill at home (they have flags from all the SEC teams there). Our food was delicious and the atmosphere was really nice.



Today we are FINALLY almost finished up with the house...and I say almost because I don't know if I will ever really be done with it.  I mean, it seems like the more we do, the more we realize we could do.  And I swear, every time we set foot into Lowe's, we wind up with so many home-improvement ideas, organization ideas, patio ideas, yard ideas, stop the invasion of spiders/insects ideas, etc...well, I just don't know if we will ever truly finish! And it's not just me...I have been very pleased with the interest and pride Chris has taken in turning our house into a home, and he has been very helpful with coming up with ways we can improve it.

Well, we are off to run errands so we can finish up today...one of which is going to be ordering prints of the professional pictures taken of us on our honeymoon.  Sandals had these people who walked around (kind of like Zaps at socials, for those of you who know what they are) and took "professional" pictures on the beach and at other places. We had a hard time finding any souvenirs we really wanted from Jamaica, so we wound up ordering a CD of some of our favorite pictures that were taken that week (we had about 60 to choose from!).  Here they are:









Next week we head home to Auburn with Jon and Autumn so we can pick up their Great Dane puppy and go to the Brewfest at the Event Center.  We look forward to seeing friends and family again, one last time before the craziness of football season begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment