Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Chris!

This Sunday was Chris' 25th Birthday! It's hard to believe my husband is a quarter of a century old.  We left on Friday for Auburn and had the worst luck ever making it out of town! Neither of us got off work early like we usually do on Fridays, and for some reason we allowed ourselves to put off packing until we got home from work Friday.  So once we both got home from work we packed and left.  Well, we were about 30 minutes down the road (already over the Mississippi-Alabama line) when we realized that we had left one of our tickets in Columbus.  So we had to turn around and go all the way back to get it.  After we turned around, Mason decided to throw up all over me.  Once we finally left our house (for the second time) we said, well...maybe this is all the bad luck we will have this weekend.  Luckily, that turned out to be the case.  The weekend was another success and Auburn beat Florida, which was the perfect birthday gift for Chris. I'm so glad both my dad and Chris got to have big (and, to some degree, unexpected) Auburn wins on their birthdays.

With it finally being a night game, we were able to do a lot of tailgating on Saturday and see a lot more people than we usually get to. Friday night we were able to go hang out with Chris' brother Warren at his fraternity house for a while, which usually hasn't been possible this season because of all the early games. Saturday we spent the day visiting various tailgates.  One of my bridesmaids, Rachel, came in town spur of the moment, and I got to see her for a few minutes before and after the game.  Chris got to catch up with Marc, Dusty, and Greg Saunders (whose wedding we are attending next month in North Carolina), and I got to finally see two of my best friends, Lauren and Sara, after not seeing them for a month.  We spent the whole day catching up with each other, and believe me, we did not waste a minute.  So many memories for just one day!   When Chris and I were dating, I always knew the meaning of "distance makes the heart grow fonder", and I have found the same to be true with my girlfriends.  I feel like we definitely made up for the past month of being apart!

The game was a lot of fun and we were really thankful, not just for the win, but that Tammy and our ringbearers' parents, Sherri and Phil Rowton, provided us with a row of 4 seats together, so Chris and I were able to sit with Sara and Jordan (Chris' friend/groomsman from the Academy who is stationed in Charleston).

On Sunday, we had a great birthday celebration for Chris at Moore's Mill Country Club. I have never had the Sunday buffet there, but I was quite a fan! Chris got some nice cards and gifts, and I think he is going to use some of his birthday proceeds to get his own beer-making kit (the one he has been using is Jon's), but he is still deciding. I also got to see another of my bridesmaids/friends, Lauren Emily, who teaches school in Tampa, Florida and was in town for the game.  We actually met up at Publix of all places because we were unable to coordinate our plans on Saturday.  Like with Rachel, we only got to see eachother and catch up for a few minutes, but I guess when you grow up and move away from your friends you just have to take what you can get sometimes and be happy about it! I don't think our mouths stopped moving the whole time we were in Publix, but hopefully we will have the opportunity to catch up again soon...maybe somewhere other than a grocery store!

As usual, the weekend went by incredibly fast.  For once, I found my self so absorbed with getting to catch up with so many people in just a couple of days, that I failed to take hardly any pictures! That is my one regret! I did, however, steal a couple of pictures off of other people's facebooks.  Since I like including pictures in my blogs, I will share them instead:



Me and Jessica at the tailgate...she had a very busy weekend so this was basically all that I saw her! On Sunday she went to the Atlanta Falcons game with her boyfriend to see our beloved Cam Newton play.

Me with Lauren and Chris and the cookie cake I got them that said "Happy Birthday Lauren and Chris" (Lauren turned 23 on the 10th.  I think it was the first birthday I didn't help her ring in since like 16!)

The right side of the table at Chris' birthday lunch.
 
The left side of the table. My dad was originally sitting by my mom...but then he moved to get a better view of the TV playing the Falcons-Panthers game (Cam plays for the Panthers).



We have just spent another 2 weeks on the road and will be traveling to Auburn again for the Ole Miss game in 2 weeks, then have a couple of weddings to go to in November as well as the Alabama game/Thanksgiving.  So we are looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home next week.  We considered going to Baton Rouge, but we decided a weekend off would be nice.  We are going to do some more home improvements (minor things...maybe build a pin for Mason and I am going to hang Christmas lights all over the roof of our patio) and (most importantly) relax!

Tomorrow I am traveling to Birmingham for work for a couple of days.  I have been working a lot in Columbus rather than Starkville and it has really made things a lot easier at home and on my body not to have to commute so much. I don't hate the commute, but lets face it...it's puts a damper on home life when you spend 1.5 hours in a car every day, and it's not cheap either! I am kind of looking forward to going to Birmingham.  I am going to do a little shopping at this store my mom told me about called Home Goods tomorrow after work if it's not too late, which basically a giant TJ Maxx homestore from what she has told me.  Then on Wednesday on my way home, I can stop at Publix and get my weekly deals, so that's always a treat! Haha I'm sure it doesn't sound very exciting to some people, but once you become a Publix shopper, other grocery stores just don't cut it. Still, even for just one night away, I know I am going to miss my husband and baby (whenever I refer to "my baby", I am referring to Mason, by the way.)


Until next week,
The Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment